post zu favoritenDIRECTOR OF FACILITIESdieses posting verbergen
Anstellungsart: Vollzeit Vergütung: Click Apply Link
QR Code Link to This Post
This key role is responsible for the safe operation and implementation of all projects related to facilities and plant. The Director of Facilities is also directly responsible to oversee and work with project managers, contractors and the owner representatives for projects > $50K. This position will prepare and manage to the budget, develop, coach and manage staff and be responsible for certification, compliance and safety. This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops long and short range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. Preventative Maintenance Programs, energy management plans, annual budget, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that Esalen resources are effectively utilized.
* Directs projects (e.g. site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design and budget.
* Ensures compliance with all OSHA safety regulations and all local, state and national regulatory codes, to include water, waste materials handling/reporting, swimming pool inspections, etc.
* Inspects new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently; specifications for major capital improvements are within local/state/federal regulations; and approving inspection reports and payment requests.
* Monitors fund balances of assigned programs and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
* Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
* Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of team and achieving objectives within budget.
* Presents information for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
* Recommends new hires, promotions, termination and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
* Researches new products, laws, regulations, etc., for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining districtwide services.
* Communicates and creates a free flowing environment for effective exchange of information, up and down and across the organization. Holds responsibility as the primary liaison to interpret organization policies, disseminate all relevant information and answer staff member questions
* Plan, set priorities, organize, delegate, and follow-through to completion on all areas of responsibility in a timely manner
* Overnight MOD coverage as needed
* Other various tasks as assigned
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
* Direct experience performing on-site inspections of new construction, alterations and repairs; adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials; operating equipment used in the building trades
* Management and leadership experience with teams responsible for building maintenance, renovations, and/or construction
* Proven experience planning and managing projects
* While performing the duties of this job, the teammate must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, stand for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 30 pounds, safely operate tools and machinery, tolerate exposure to changes in temperature, and be able perform daily repetitive hand movements as it pertains to repair and maintenance.
* The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This role includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs, and scholarship for Esalen workshops and massage.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.