The ideal candidate will provide professional day to day administrative operations for various Human Resources Functions. The detail-orientated individual will be supporting the HR department with the following; recruitment, examination, job classification, compensation, benefits and workers compensation while maintaining the greatest regard for confidentiality.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for overtime.
Human Resources Director.
Required: High School Degree plus 4 years or Associate Degree with 2 years’ experience or Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 years’ experience in providing administrative support within an HR position. Ability to; be organized and detail orientated with administrative processes and procedures associated with HR; establish and maintain good rapport with programs and employees; exercise good judgement and problem-solving skills and initiative in making decisions. Knowledge of computer software skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Excellent oral and written English and communication skills.
Preferred: Experience in Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS). Knowledge of California Law and requirements.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Specialist will assist with the following duties:
1. Executes all recruiting tactics for open positions, such as; preparing and submitting employment advertising online; sending job announcements; contacting applicants, pre-screening resumes and applications, forwarding appropriate applications to programs and preparing interview questions.
2. Assists in administrative support to programs including but not limited to; employee files, mail, correspondence, and organization audits as needed.
3. Conducts and supports employees with benefit enrollments, benefit records, COBRA notices and 403(b) participation, with vendor support.
4. Administers pre-employment examination(s) and conducts orientation for all new employees/ temps/ volunteers. Enters new hires into HRMS.
5. Supports programs with conducting reference checks, as needed.
6. Maintains and updates data and generates reports as requested for audit purposes.
7. Collects and maintains a variety of reports, documents, correspondence, logs, record-keeping and other information/data to comply with HR best practices.
8. Respond to inquiries from programs, applicants, vendors, other agencies, and the public regarding recruitments and status, personnel procedures, and other applicable HR policies and practices.
9. Maintains and update compliance with DSS licensing requirements, labor laws, and other federal or state regulations governing employment records.
10. Support Payroll with Employee Data Changes such as; compensation changes, annual step increases and other employee data changes each pay period and send to Payroll in a timely manner.
11. Supports execution of safety practices and quarterly emergency drills, as needed.
12. Supports workers’ compensation with reporting, filing of worksite injuries.
13. Assist with daily administrative functions for the HR department including; but not limited to worker orders, ordering of office supplies/compliance materials, and mail runs.
14. As requested, may provide periodic support on special projects for HR practices.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
This job description is intended to have an accurate reflection of the qualifications and job duties; current management reserves the right to revise the job at any given time when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous description for this position.
Interim, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interim Inc. is guided by the precept that in no aspect of its programs, services or employment practices shall discrimination be permitted because of race, color, national origin, gender, age, creed, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, citizen status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law. To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability, unless hardship, direct threat to health or safety, or other job-related consideration exists. Individual who feel that they have been unlawfully discriminated against because of membership in one of the protected classes should contact the following: Director of Human Resources, Interim, Inc., PO Box 3222, Monterey, CA 93942. (831) 649-4522.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers