Do you have Controller experience in the Construction Industry?
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently seeking a Controller for a company that has experienced 30% growth over last year and will continue to grow at similar pace in the future. The Controller will manage at a high level as well as be involved in day to day activity.
Louis Ptak Construction, Inc. (LPC, Inc.) facilitates the creative collaboration between client and designer to achieve the owner's vision of a unique, custom-crafted residence. Our reputation for quality and reassurance is evident in every aspect of our work. We specialize in: general contracting; green building; and fine woodworking.
This position is based out of our business office located in downtown Pacific Grove, CA. LPC, Inc. has a small company culture comprised of a dedicated group of talented individuals who work in a collaborative, supportive and team-oriented environment. As a growing organization, we are focused on continuous improvement and streamlining processes and procedures. If this sounds like the type of organization that fits your ideal company profile, then keep reading.
We seek an experienced professional with a background in and a passion for delivering exceptional accounting & finance services. Our ideal candidate is organized, flexible and able to prioritize effectively, is detailed-oriented, ambitious, holds themselves accountable and can work in a team environment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Financial reporting
• Cash flow management
• Job cost management
• Process improvement
• Budgeting, credit line, balance sheet schedules
• Accounts receivable/payable management
• Supervision of accounting department staff
• Human Resources management
• Risk management
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees to foster a high level of communication & collaboration.
• Participate in business planning
• Strong hands on leader with a strong work ethic
• Highly motivated to excel in a multi-tasked environment
• Work with all levels of management
• Establish/Monitor/Enforce internal controls
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration
• Accounting CPA and/or MBA is a plus
• Viewpoint ProContractor Experience a huge plus
• Minimum of 5+ years' prior experience as an Accounting Manager/Controller in a similarly sized, growing construction company is ideal
• Knowledge of GAAP and construction accounting
• Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, database, reporting and accounting systems required
• Must have demonstrated success as a supervisor/team leader and an individual contributor.
What we offer:
• Creative team atmosphere that promotes accountability and respect
• Culture of loyalty and trust
• Opportunity for growth
• Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
• Casual yet hard-working office environment