Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Bilingual Mental Health Therapist - Spanish / English (Monterey County)
compensation: Comprehensive benefits and salary package
Kinship Center, a member of the Seneca Family of Agencies, is seeking a Bilingual Mental Health Therapist. Mental Health Therapists are a part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinical professionals providing mental health services children and their caregivers. Specialty populations include foster and adopted children, and those being raised by relatives. The Bilingual Mental Health Therapist will participate in the daily provision of services to clients within the program through assessment, diagnosing, direct mental health therapy and case management functions in family systems, strength-based model.
- Monterey County
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients including: obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment, obtaining relevant documents and meeting/speaking with various adults or professionals involved in the client's life in order to develop and implement the treatment plan
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment, implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental health services including individual, family and group therapy in addition to case management, linkage and consultation with community resources including schools and other providers.
- Maintain availability for crisis intervention services
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned cases
- Comply with all requirements of child abuse reporting, Medi-Cal compliance and confidentiality in accordance with standards set by Seneca Family of Agencies
- Assists with creating and updating assigned portions of electronic client files according to established procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client and business operations information
- Conduct self in a manner reflecting credit on the agency and complies with agency policies and procedures as outlined by supervisors and administrators
- Performs all other duties as necessary for the good of the agency as directed by supervisor or staff
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or similar field
- Eligible to register with the California BBS
- Direct work experience providing therapy based services to children, adolescents and families required
- Must have experience and understanding of the clinical diagnostic process and utilization of the DSM-IV
- Direct work experience and/or understanding of clinical issues pertaining to children in the child welfare system, adoption, relative caregiving a plus
- Experience working with trauma and attachment issues a plus
- Must be able to travel between county program sites (Salinas and King City)
- Flexible schedule, may work some evenings as well as occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Full time position.
- Starting at $49,000 unlicensed
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Additional stipend for bilingual abilities upon successful completion of the language proficiency exam.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Mileage reimbursement
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
To apply, use our online application at www.senecafoa.org/employment-opportunities
* Questions? Please, visit our website at www.senecafoa.org or call Seneca's Human Resources Department at: show contact info
Seneca Family of Agencies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers