Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Mechanical Engineer (San Jose)
We are seeking a senior mechanical engineer to design assemblies featuring compact electrical assemblies, sheet-metal enclosures, and structural components. As a hands-on Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will utilize your extensive experience with SolidWorks mechanical design and simulation software to design, prototype, and test mechanical assemblies for outdoor enclosures.
- Work as a member of a tightly-coordinated interdisciplinary team of engineers to design complex assemblies
- Design components for robust operation in dynamic environments (temperature, shock, and vibration)
- Perform structural, frequency, and thermal analyses to inform design choices
- Design electromechanical sheet metal enclosures
- Generate 2D drawings with detailed tolerances and create bills of materials (BOMs) as needed to fully document parts and assemblies for manufacturing
- Manage procurement of parts with outside vendors
- Train engineering staff in best practices for mechanical design, drafting, and CAD software
- Participate in system integration and testing
- Demonstrated success in designing and prototyping complex mechanical systems
- Expert proficiency with SolidWorks 3D modeling, SolidWorks Simulation finite element analysis (FEA), and Environmental Testing.
- Extensive knowledge of machining and manufacturing methods, including hands-on practical experience
- Experience with sheet metal design for electronics enclosures
- Experience developing field-qualified hardware is a plus
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants should thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
Bachelor’s degree with 10 years related experience, or equivalent professional experience
Taking your Career to New Heights
We are a Silicon Valley staffing firm with 2 missions:
1. Presenting the next great step to our network of Electrical Engineers.
2. Enabling our clients to realize their goals by providing the EE Talent needed to get the job done.
Established in 2005; our reputation is built upon the value we bring to our clients and the enrichment we bring to the lives of our candidates.
Use the link below to apply.http://3c384ce7.cxjob1.com/4b7230d4
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers